- 1 1/4 cup (175 g) almonds
6 dates – pitted
½ cup (30 g) shredded coconut
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
3 tbsp cacao powder (optional)
Note: You can add 1 tbsp gelatin (grass-fed), agar agar or chia seeds to the berry jam to make it more jelly like. You can also drizzle some melted unsweetened chocolate over the top for an even more amazing dessert.
- Soak the cashews for 4 hours of more then rinse well.
- Grease a 20 cm springform cake tin then line with baking paper.
- In a food processor, process the almonds until a crumb consistency forms then add the dates, maple syrup, coconut, cacao, vanilla and sea salt until well mixed.
- Press the mixture into the tin evenly then sprinkle 1 cup of berries (extras) around the bottom and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Blend with a high powered blender or food processor to get a smooth consistency the cashews, coconut oil, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla with the mixed berries. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the tin to cover the base and the berries evenly and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or more.
- While the filling is setting you can make your berry jam. Place jam ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 25 minutes then add to a blender to form a smooth consistency or leave chunky if you prefer. You can add the gelatine, agar (see instructions), or chia seeds here.
- Once the filling has semi hardened you can arrange all the fresh berries over the top then pour the semi-cooled jam over the top then return this to the fridge to set for 4-6 hours.
- Remove from the tin while frozen and leave it out to soften alittle before serving.
- Store in fridge or freezer. If store it in the freezer, leave out for 15 minutes before consuming.
- Cashews – macadamias
Almonds – walnuts – pecans – hazelnut – brazil nuts
Maple syrup – rice syrup – honey
Berries – any berry of your choice
Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.
Original Article : Rebootwithjoe